I recently turned 30 and at first I wasn’t sure what to make of my new milestone. Sure, everyone says you get wiser and smarter with each decade, but 30 was uncharted territory for me. I was so accustomed to being 20-something, that I didn’t quite know what to make of 30. But then I had a thought; instead of looking at your 30s with trepidation of the unknown, why not look back at your 20s, and reflect on the things that you learned. And here are the things I learned in my twenties.
1) Love comes at unexpected times and in unexpected ways.
2) You will go through different phases but that’s okay, they are just stepping-stones to a better you.
4) You will shop excessively and regret it afterwards.
5) You will gain weight, lose some of it, and gain it again and that’s okay.
6) Sometimes you will stare blank into space, not sure what next to do with your life.
7) You will make lots of New Year resolutions but ditch them by March.
8) People will betray you and let you down, but that’s okay too, because it only makes you stronger.
10) You will change your mind a million times.
11) You will bump into friends you haven’t seen in a long time and promise to meet up for coffee soon, but never quite come around to doing so.
12) You will change jobs once or twice or maybe more.
13) Facebook will become redundant and you will realise it’s just a way for people to show off using the #blessed.
14) You won’t need Pythagoras theorem in real life.
15) Being grown up isn’t as dreamy as you imagined when you were little. You now have to deal with real life stuff.
16) You will procrastinate a lot, and that’s okay just as long as you get around to doing whatever it is you need to do.
17) You will discover that people’s opinion of you, doesn’t make or break you. You will still become the person you are meant to be.
18) You will learn more about yourself each day.
19) You will find out that in order to achieve your goals, you need life’s formula, which is hard work + dedication + perseverance = success.
Remember to comment or share your thoughts on the topic by clicking the leave a comment link.